Your mental health is, and should always be, a priority. While self-care, exercise, healthy eating, and strong relationships can be helpful, there are many people that find that they need some extra support in order to live their best life.
That is why many people seek out the help and support of a local psychiatrist. In Dallas, Dr. Sehdev and Aware Behavioral Health work with patients across a broad range of demographics and difficulties, to provide you with the therapy, medication, and other support that you can use to better address your overall health and wellness.
If you’d like to schedule an appointment, or learn more about our services, please give us a call at 888-677-4562 or use our online form and one of our team members will respond as soon as we can. We are currently available for virtual and remote appointments due to COVID-19, and will notify all patients when our office is ready to re-open.
About Our Psychiatric Services in Dallas
At Aware Behavioral Health, we take our time to get to know you. But although each and every person is their own unique individual, there are many mental health conditions that have the same symptoms. We use these symptoms to provide a diagnosis, and use that diagnosis to guide our treatments.
As a Dallas psychiatrist, Dr. Sehdev is uniquely equipped to provide a range of different treatment options, including therapy, medication, and additional support as needed. Together, we’ll determine whether there is one option or a combination of options that will provide the best possible benefit and give you the tools you need for long term wellness.
Our specialties include, but are not limited to:
- Depression Treatment – Studies consistently show that a combination of medication as an immediate intervention and therapy for those that need support in the long term is the best way to address most forms of depression. You and Dr. Sehdev can determine the right dose for your treatment, and CBT or the other treatment that will best help with recovery.
- ADHD Treatment – ADHD responds very well to medication. We can determine whether you or your child are suffering from childhood or adult ADHD and, if so, provide medications and supervision to best treat the condition. We also have counseling available if needed to help address any anxiety or depression.
- Insomnia Treatment – Sleep disorders do not “just” make you tired during the day. Chronic insomnia can lead to physical and mental illness, stress coping, work, and so much more. Dr. Sehdev at Aware Behavioral Health has insomnia treatments available here in Dallas to help you get some much needed rest.
- Panic Disorder Treatment – Panic Disorder is a type of anxiety that can lead to severe, often debilitating anxiety attacks. It can be very difficult to stop the cycle of panic attacks without support, as they become a self-sustaining cycle of anxiety. Treating panic disorder may involve talk therapy, anxiolytics (anxiety reduction medications), or a combination of different approaches to help break the cycle and learn better coping mechanisms.
- Treatment for Sexual Dysfunction – Sex is an important part of both intimacy and quality of life. Both men and women can struggle with different forms of sexual dysfunction. Sometimes, there are underlying issues that can be addressed, like anxiety. Other times, the sexual dysfunction itself may need to be treated. We have several options to treat impotence, premature ejaculation, and other sex-related disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Treatment – Bipolar disorder is a severe form of depression that responds well to medication. We’ll work with you to determine what medications are best, the right dose, any dosage adjustments, and therapy if when there are situations where it would help to provide coping tools for medication adherence or long term recovery.
- Opioid Treatment – Opioid addiction benefits from a multi-tiered approach, to help eliminate both the desire for the drug and to make it possible to stop using opioids without potentially harmful or stressful withdrawal symptoms. Upon completion, we can also discuss the issues in life that may have led to addiction, or provide better tools for dealing with stress in the future.
Psychiatrists, much like psychologists and therapists, are here to help with your mental health. But we are also able to provide medications, and to weigh the options between medication, talk therapy, and other treatments to make sure that we’re providing you with the best possible care.